Brandon, Esq.
Brandon, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Has received a certificate of recognition from the California State Senate for his outstanding legal service.
69271599

I WORKED FOR A HOMECARE COMPANY("OCASSIONAL PART TIME) WHICH

I WORKED FOR A HOMECARE COMPANY("OCASSIONAL PART TIME) WHICH I WAS LIMITED TO WORK NO GREATER THAN 60(10DAY PERIOD) OR 66 HRS(11DAY PERIOD) NO MORE, BUT OVER LAST TWO YEARS WITH APPROVAL FROM MY EX MGR I HAVE ACCRUED 132 HRS, I GAVE HIM COPIES OF HOURS OT WORKED,BUT NOW I WAS JUST LAID OFF AND I ASKED HIME ABOUT THE EXTRA HOURS(I WAS TO HAVE KNEE SURGERY 06/25/13) HE STATED THAT HE "NEVER"APPROVED THE EXTRA HOURS WHICH HE IS TOTALLY LYING! WHAT CAN I DO TO TRY TO GET PAID FOR THOSE HOURS WORKED?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Brandon, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Employment-LawExpert :

Hello and thank you for your question today

Employment-LawExpert :

Are you online with me?/

Employment-LawExpert :

The good news is that there is a very easy solution to this.

Employment-LawExpert :

Welcome to the chat

Customer:

What is the easy solution?

Employment-LawExpert :

In the state of Washington an employee is guaranteed payment for all hours worked, whether or not those hours are approved. To recover the money you are owed for those hours all you need to do is file a wage complaint with the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries for all of your unpaid hours. You can do so here:

Employment-LawExpert :

http://www.lni.wa.gov/TradesLicensing/PrevWage/WageRates/WageComplaint/default.asp

Employment-LawExpert :

They will launch a full investigation and make sure that you get paid. There is no need to get an attorney involved at this point unless you really want to.

Employment-LawExpert :

Of course, if you want to hire one, that is entirely up to you. If you decide to hire an attorney, a great resource is www.Martindale.com. This is a nationwide directory that is useful in finding highly qualified legal specialists in various fields of law. The lawyers in Martindale are not selected because they paid to be included, but rather because they have been rated by other attorneys as qualified experts in their field. Consider consulting with two or three different attorneys prior to selecting the one you feel most comfortable with.

Employment-LawExpert :

In a case like yours an attorney would take your case on contingency which means that you would end up owing nothing out of pocket

Employment-LawExpert :

Does all of this make sense?

Employment-LawExpert :

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above or if you need additional clarification in any way and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Customer:

Yes it does and thank you!

Employment-LawExpert :

Does that fully answer your question today?

Customer:

yes!!

Employment-LawExpert :

I am glad that I could get you pointed in the right direction. Before you go, please do not forget to provide a rating in the middle or above so that I may receive credit for assisting you.

Employment-LawExpert :

Have a wonderful rest of your day

Brandon, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Has received a certificate of recognition from the California State Senate for his outstanding legal service.