TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination

how long is the statue of limitation on a citation no injuries

how long is the statue of limitation on a citation no injuries a disgruntle former set a osha inspection then when osha showed up he had workers violate osha and company policy it has been four years since the violation took place and we have sent in abatement form but no response

Thank you for your question.

The fact that a citation has been issued means that the statute of limitations is no longer an issue in your case.

Did the company contest the citation at all, or did it agree with the citation and send in a notice that the company complied and abated the offending action?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the company contested the citation due to disgruntle former employee calling for an inspection and having workers violate policy when osha inspector showed up on location

Thank you for your response.

The OSH Act states that once a written contest to a citation is received, the Commissioner has a reasonable time to order a hearing. In your case, 4 years has passed and thus the Commission no longer has the right to bring any charges under the citation under your Due Process protections.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you Darrell monroe

Glad to be of service. Please remember to rate my answer.