Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide employment and discrimination law advice in my own practice.

Is it against law to work overtime ,and 6 months later still

Is it against law to work overtime ,and 6 months later still not have received compensation?
Thank you for your question. I am a Pennsylvania licensed professional and will do my best to assist you.

Before I answer I just need some clarification. Are you an hourly employee? Were you promised compensation by the employer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No,,salary plus

Thank you for your follow-up. The second issue is more important in this case. if an employer promised additional compensation, then h is required by law to provide it and must do so as quickly as he can. That generally takes place with your regular paycheck, or at the same time as your regular pay. Failure to do so is a violation and grants you two potential means of pursuing the employer. First you can choose to contact the Dept of Labor & Industry, report the employer for his violations, and have them investigate. This may, however, take a while to resolve. Their link is below:

The second option is to claim 'breach of contract' and take your employer directly to small claims or to district court depending on the amount he owes you (for PA Magisterial Courts the amount is $12,000, anything higher has to go to a higher court). This is the faster option but you would need to pay a fee to file suit against your employer. You could, however, request that if you prevail that he cover your costs.

Hope that helps.