TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination

I was working and all the certain an co work is in a arugment

I was working and all the certain an co work is in a arugment with me and I was holding a knife so my other co work told me he may sue for talking to him while holding a kneif in your hand

Thank you for your question.

Why were you holding a knife in your hand?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

while I swear at him he came rushing to me to confront that's why I was holding it

Where did you get the knife and how big was it?

Was the knife being used as a tool for your work?

Also, did you point the knife at him?

Did you fear that you needed protection when he rushed at you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was doing dishes at work and it was big as butter knife yes it was a tool no I held it by my waist while talking

Thanks for your response.

While technically, you can sue someone for pointing a knife at you as a threat (and thus an assault), under this circumstances you are describing the case would fail on several points.

First, there was no intent to harm with the knife as it was not picked up in anger, nor was it actually brandished as a weapon. As you were doing dishes, this was a piece of kitchen equipment which you were cleaning as part of your job duties.

Accordingly, your co-worker does not have a case.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,