wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits

I work part time for a security company. I earn an hourly salary

I work part time for a security company. I earn an hourly salary . The companies HR department is demanding I come in to talk about a situation. They are being very vague . The will not compensate me for my time. I told HR I would be available. They threaten that if I don't come in I won't work. Can they do that?
Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification.

If you are required to come into work for some reason, off work hours you have to be compensated as per the FLSA, which governs wages.

You would be able to file a State wage complaint against the employer if they fail to pay you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What about the threats?
Under the law the threats of termination are allowed, unless you are an Union employee, or on a contract.