TexLaw
TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination
17219180

Hello I work as a Respiratory Therapist at a childrens Hospital,

Hello I work as a Respiratory Therapist at a childrens Hospital, The last time i met with my boss and Human resources they were intimidating and harrasing me, Should I have a lawyer with me during future discussions with management or can I request to tape the conversation?

Thank you for your question and I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Can you tell me a little more about what is going on in your case?

What exactly are you meeting with management about?

What are they doing to intimidate and harass you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They were asking me very non specific questions about conversations in our break room, wanting me to tell them what other people are talking about. I told them I respect other people privacy and was not at liberty to talk about private conversations. They said I was less then cooperative with them, and they will note that for future reference, I asked if she was threatening me and she said no , i will know when she is threatening me. She also talked about a complaint from another employee who said she was offended by a conversation 6 + months ago, we had started getting a union in but it was blocked i didnt know if they were just giving me a hard time or just trying to create problems that dont exist

Do you have a written employment contract with your employer?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we are non-contract

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
please refund me

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Because you are a non-contract employee, you are an AT-Will employee, which means you can be terminated for any reason whatsoever, and you do not have rights to bring a wrongful termination lawsuit if they do terminate you.

As that is the case, your employer may deny you the right to bring in your attorney with you to a meeting with your supervisor and HR.

You can request to tape a conversation. That is legal as long as everyone in the room consents to the conversation being taped.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
ZDN