Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide employment and discrimination law advice in my own practice.
18572087

I hurt my back and neck at work. My neck did not start hurting

I hurt my back and neck at work. My neck did not start hurting untill a week later. SAIF accepted the claim for my back, but said I have to mail them a letter asking them to accpet my neck problem. I also have wekness and tingling in my arms, that is probably fromt he neck injury, but I am not a dr so I dont knwo for certain. How do I word the letter to make sure everything is included and SAIF doesnt say I did or said something worng?
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

I am sorry to hear that you have additional pain. How soon after you felt the pain did you inform SAIF? Did you go to the doctor to get it evaluated?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I also tried to report the paint my employer so i could fill out a incident report and my employer refused to let me

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did report it to saif as soona s I felt the pain. I reported it to my docotor also

Thank you for your follow-up, Jenni.

In your letter to this party point that you attempted, in good faith, to report the incidents and also that you reported the pain to your medical doctor as soon as you felt it. If possible attach the doctor's evaluation of your injuries. Otherwise in your letter state that as some pain and some injuries develop slightly after the event, specifically due to the stress and other injuries potentially subsiding, you could not have reported it earlier if you were unaware of the additional pain. Point out that you reported this as soon as able, it was still timely and done very soon after the injury took place and other injuries were provided to them. State that you are happy to have the injuries evaluated with a doctor if necessary and that you are attempting to resolve this as quickly and as competently with their help. All that will make you appear to be reasonable and someone who is simply attempting to follow the conditions of reporting.

Hope that helps.