TexLaw
TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination
17219180

i have been in court for three years now on a wrongful termination

i have been in court for three years now on a wrongful termination case as a pro se litigant. i lost my first case then appealed in court of appeal. now i'm in supreme court with writ of certiorari request on appeal. the question is what are my chances of proving the two previous courts ruled wrong? i have already read up on the decision-making of supreme court. can they really help me?

Thank you for your question.

The chances of you winning depend entirely on the facts of your case and the arguments you have made in the appellate court, the law that applies to your case, and the arguments you will make to the supreme court.

The supreme court overturns the findings of the appellate and trial courts all the time. The fact that the court has granted you a writ of certiori means that they at some level think your question demands consideration. So you should take advantage of the opportunity and argue your appellate points as best you can.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i know that already but the discussion date is june 13th, 2013 and the following monday the 17th will determine the answer. will i have to attend the meeting if the defendant waived their right to reply? and as pro se will i have to stand up in front of the judges to present oral argument?

You do have to attend the discussion (prehearing conference) on June 13th. However whether or not oral argument is required is in the full discretion of the Court. Because you are pro se, they will most likly not require oral argument from you and will simply decide the case on the merits presented in your brief.