wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

I own a pet salon and I have a former employee whom I fired

I own a pet salon and I have a former employee whom I fired calling 2 of my other employees for information regarding pricing and grooming instructions for dogs she groomed in my shop who have chosen to take their dogs to her at her new employer. I have no problem with this and have informed clients of where she is grooming now. I have asked her not to contact my employees and ask them for this information and have told my employees not to give it to her as it is proprietary information to my business. How can I stop this. She is still asking them and one of them is giving her answers.

wallstreetfighter :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification

wallstreetfighter :

This is a common situation, the first course of action for you is to have all employee sign a non solicitation and Non disclosure agreement, so they do not provide the former employee any information,

wallstreetfighter :

You can then send Cease and Desist letter to the former employee for her solicitation of confidential trade secrets,

wallstreetfighter :

if she fails to stop, you can retain an attorney to file a Court injunction stopping her from working, by claiming she obtained confidential trade secrets from your company,

wallstreetfighter :

It would be best to have employees sign a non solicit when they leave, or when they join your company so these types of issues do not happen.