wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

I am salaried, working 43.5 hours Monday through Friday, and

I am salaried, working 43.5 hours Monday through Friday, and "on-call" on the weekends. I have been informed that I now must work 6 hours on Saturdays with no other adjustment in schedule or pay. I am in Texas.

wallstreetfighter :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification

wallstreetfighter :

This is a common situation, if you are an exempt employee, the employer in TX, can force an employee to work any hours even on weekends and are not required to pay the employees overtime,

wallstreetfighter :

Unless you can claim that you are not an exempt employee, in TX the law does not limit any employee hours or pay for exempt employees.