wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

At will employment . 90 day performance plan signed by mgr

At will employment . 90 day performance plan signed by mgr not honored and fired on 89th day .legal? Or not?
Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification

This is an unfortunate situation, unless the PIP contract stated you will not be terminated during the evaluation, you would not have a legal cause of action to challenge the termination.

As TX, is an at will state, the employer can terminate any employee at any time, except if it violates the employees protected civil rights or violates a contract provision.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

now, this pip pushed by two of three mgrs invoved with my allegations of fradulent activities and attempting to finish off retaliation from whistle blowing on thesee two for operating beyond their title. why didnt they do pip bfore forcing me to 3rd shift from first Because they were not allowed to and why were both in pip meeting . not their place.

If this is due to retaliation you may have a retaliation lawsuit, if you are protected under whistleblower protection.

The Texas Whistleblower (Act) prohibits a city from taking an adverse employment action
against an employee who “in good faith reports a violation of law by the employing [city] or
another public employee to an appropriate law enforcement authority.”2
The Act waives sovereign
immunity for cities in causes of action arising out of claims by public employees whose
employment was allegedly terminated for reporting illegal conduct.3
This memo will focus on each
element of the statute as to what is covered by the Act.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you Wallstreetfighter 1last thing

RETALIATION FROM BREACH

*NEGATIVE EVALUATION DENIED PROMOTION

*DISCIPLINE NOT EQUAL TO OTHERS

*FORCED TO OFF SHIFT

*UNEQUAL DISCIPLINE W/ OTHERs

*90 DAY PIP

***"Two managers not allowed to discipline or have any day to day decisions regarding employees this was done by HR AND PLANT MANAGER IN2011 . Both were off to new jobs and by jan13 2012 (my eval) operated illegally and ehen i found out (during eval) Harassment by retaliation was very harsh Documents , witnesses and there own records of my Evaluations. *TERMINIATED NO REASON

THE TWO MANAGERS INVOLVED WITH SITUATION HAD BEEN DISCILPLINED FOROPERATING

You should hire a local employment attorney to threaten a lawsuit against the employer also, if you feel that they have discriminated against you due to your race, gender, age or national origin, you may have a discrimination case as well.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry wallstreet , best answer i received . Update. I have since filed with EEOC for RETALIAION with other reason of STATE LAW.

managers had titles stripped prior to my incidents and were not allowed to discipline or evaluate employees. With HR office vacant they Breached . Should be cut and dry. HOPEFULLY. THANK YOU

Good luck, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask