Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

My employer let me go for trying to steel their contract from

My employer let me go for trying to steel their contract from the FAA. When I asked them who they got that info from they would not tell me. I never tried tho do this and now they are telling unemployment the samething. Yet they told the man that holds their contrat at the FAA they let me go because i was solisiting the controlers. I did not do any of this stuff they are saying. So now I not only got let go but now thier trying to fight me on my umemployment all based on hearsay stuff. Is there any thing I can do to fight them back?

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

At what stage is your unemployment claim? Have benefits been granted or denied yet?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just told unemploymet my side of the storey today.So I havent heard back yet. I am really made the these people are lying about me to every one. Isnt there some thing I can do to stop them?

Hello again, Lee, and thank you for the additional information.

Your benefits will typically be granted, even over the employer's objections, unless the employer can prove to the commission's satisfaction that there was "good cause" for your termination. Unsubstantiated claims that you were competing with the company would not normally be enough to prevent you from obtaining benefits.

If your application is denied for some reason, you are entitled to appeal that decision and to obtain a copy of any documentation the employer may have provided to the commission. Once you have obtained such documentation, that can normally aid you in challenging the denial of your application by refuting the employer's evidence, if any.

Here is a link to a good summary of the process and how to defend yourself:

If the company continues to make false statements about you that damages your reputation or prevents you from obtaining other employment, that could provide a basis for a lawsuit. Often a demand letter from a local attorney is effective in compelling the former employer to cease such conduct at a relatively low cost since it should not cost more than a few hours of the attorney's time to draft and communicate such a demand.

If that is not successful, then you and your attorney may wish to consider filing a lawsuit for damages against the company.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Thank you for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10). It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.

Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: I look forward to hearing from you again.