wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

I GOT FIRED FROM MY JOB FOR HEALTH REASON , THEY TURN DOWN

I GOT FIRED FROM MY JOB FOR HEALTH REASON , THEY TURN DOWN MY LEAVE THEN FIRED ME IWAS THERE OVER 15 YRS IS THEIR ANY ACTION

wallstreetfighter : Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification
wallstreetfighter : This is an unfortunate situation,
wallstreetfighter : uner the law, an employer with less then 50 employees is not required to protect an employees job, if they take medical leave,
wallstreetfighter : under the law an employer with 50 or more employees, has to provide FMLA leave to employees who take time off due to a serious medical issue,
Customer: THEY HAVE OVER 1600 EMP WHERE I WORK
wallstreetfighter : and the FMLA law, protects the employees job status for 12 weeks,
wallstreetfighter : If they have 1600 employees did they offer you FMLA?
wallstreetfighter : Did you request FMLA leave?
Customer: I NEED TRY AND GOT IT , WAS TURN DOWN , THEN THEY SAID I GOT POINTS FOR MISSING THOSE , AND GOT FIRED FOR THE POINTS I CAN COUNT ON BOTH HANDS HOW DAY I MISS IN 17 YRS
Customer: I ID
Customer: DID
wallstreetfighter : Why were you turned down?
wallstreetfighter : What is your medical issue?
Customer: BECAUSE THEY SAID I FILE LATE
wallstreetfighter : Do you have a disability?
Customer: HEART PRO
wallstreetfighter : Did you need to take time off?
Customer: THAT WAS DR ORDER
wallstreetfighter : You should consider a FMLA lawsuit against the employer,
wallstreetfighter : if you provided them notice, and the employer terminated you and denied your FMLA request,
wallstreetfighter : you can file DOL complaint against the employer,
wallstreetfighter : and if they violated your FMLA rights, you can sue them for damages,
wallstreetfighter : U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)ESA Wage & Hour DivisionNashville District Office1321 Murfreesboro RoadSuite 511Nashville, TNNNN-NN-NNNNhone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/span>
<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"Customer: OK
wallstreetfighter : That is the only law that would protect you in TN,
wallstreetfighter : TN is an at will state, so the employer can terminate any employee for any reason, except if it violates the employees, protected civil rights, such as there race, gender, age or violates Federal Law such as the FMLA,
Customer: JUST MY LUCK
wallstreetfighter : You should also send a letter to HR, advising them you will be filing an FMLA complaint with the Department of Labor, and that you will retain an attorney to bring legal action against them,
Customer: THEY ARE A BIG COMPANY ALSO WORLD WIDE
wallstreetfighter : Many times they may try to settle with you
Customer: OK , SOUND LIKE I WILL BE LITTLE FISH IN BIG POND
wallstreetfighter : Yes, but anytime a legal threat,
wallstreetfighter : is made, the employer makes will take it seriously,
wallstreetfighter : and may try to settle with you
wallstreetfighter : Good luck, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.
wallstreetfighter : If satisfied please provide us with positive feedback.
Customer: OK TY FOR YOUR HELP,
wallstreetfighter : good luck, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask,.
Customer: K
wallstreetfighter : thank you