Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

I am currently out on Workers Comp and have been since December

I am currently out on Workers Comp and have been since December 2012. I was notified by my company that as of June 6th (26) weeks I will be dropped to a part-time employee and lose all of my benefits. I have a WC attorney who is working on my WC case and he has stated there is nothing I can do about this, however I do not feel that this is correct and would like to know if my company can do this to me.

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing information to you in this regard

Unfortunately, your job is not protected because you are out on WC. As long as the demotion is not because of your WC claim, you may be placed on PT and even fired.