Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

I am a flight attendant and fell down on a layover, can that

I am a flight attendant and fell down on a layover, can that be called a on the job injury and can I get workers compensation?

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you information in this regard

I am sorry that you fell and that it resulted in injury.

However, this is not a matter of "law" but rather a matter of your company "policy"

And so as such, you will need to talk to your Union Rep and find out what the company policy about being on layover and if that means you are still "on the job and working"

As you know a layover can be a few hours to a week so that is why it is up to the company to determine if a flight attendant on layover is still in working mode.

Your Union negotiates these contracts in this regard.

I hope that your injury is not too serious and that you can recover quickly. Please get your Union Rep to discuss the company policy with you