Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  More than 30 years in legal practice.

I am a registered nurse for 24 years in same hospital.I am

I am a registered nurse for 24 years in same hospital.I am in ma.Ive had a perfect record until a new boss was hired about 8 months ago.She has since issued me 2 written warnings re pt complaints and a c/o from nursing aid that i did not respond to her concerns.she also informed me she is investigating why a pt i had was late for a ct scan.the 2nd warning included a suspension from work x 1 week.i am currently in the grievence process with my union and so far they have denied my grievances.i am now to go to step 3,which will be the ceo and head of hr.that is in a nutshell the question is this.One day not long ago while the above process happening,i entered the office of my boss on unrelated issue.She was sitting at her desk and i was standing in front of it.I handed her a paper and at that time she leaned towards me and took my hand and wrist in both of her hands and held this time she stated to me "everything is going to work out"My question is this:Is this an action from her ,unwanted touching,that could be sexual harrassment.I felt very uncomfortable when she held my hand.this incident was not witnessed.ty for responding
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to provide an honest and accurate answer to your question.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma.   I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

Unfortunately, it is unlikely that a single instance unwanted touching of your hand would be viewed as sexual harassment which meets the requirements of redressable claim.

In employment law, hostile environment sexual harassment refers to a situation where employees in a workplace are subject to a pattern of exposure to unwanted sexual behavior from persons other than an employee's direct supervisor where supervisors or managers take no steps to discourage or discontinue such behavior. It is distinguished from quid pro quo sexual harassment, where a direct supervisor seeks sexual favors in return for something within the supervisor's powers, such as threatening to fire someone, or offering them a raise.

.I am sorry. I realize this is not the answer you were hoping for. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I ask that you not penalize me for having to deliver less than favorable news.

It has been my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further assistance.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name - JudgeLaw

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.