Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

I am a 50-year-old female, masters degreed, who was let go

I am a 50-year-old female, masters degreed, who was let go with 2 weeks severance. The VP of HR committed to meeting with me. I would like to have a 3-way conference call (or should I wait until after I get the questions I asked of the VP of HR first before bringing in an atty?) DK
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma. Best to leave counsel out of it initially. Get your fact finding done first. Sign nothing especially any release.

Once you exhaust direct negotiations consider bringing in counsel.

Equal employment commission can also look at any discrimination claims.

The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. www.eeoc.gov is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it.

martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience: Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whom can I hire that you know in Arizona if they do not provide me with the 2 responses to the reasons for terminating me: (1) who were those in 'senior leadership team' that lost confidence in me and what did they mean by that and (2) names, statements and signature to back up any doctor who made negative statement about me (as I am profession and consider this to be false and/or defamation of character.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whom can I hire that you know in Arizona if they do not provide me with the 2 responses to the reasons for terminating me: (1) who were those in 'senior leadership team' that lost confidence in me and what did they mean by that and (2) names, statements and signature to back up any doctor who made negative statement about me (as I am profession and consider this to be false and/or defamation of character. Edit
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Site rules don't permit specific lawyer referal. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then, an attorney can be hired to get answers to #1 or #2, or would the company withhold that information? I would also like to get 3) employee file (company states they do not provide) and 4) Lilly Ledbetter law-- verify that I was paid more than the 38-yo male with less experience than I. *I am now beginning to realize that I am building a case in several areas. (Also, whistleblowing about issues physicians have raised to me when I called upon them--- hence, I believe my influence and knowledge became the reason for the termination). *CAN YOU TELL ME THAT AN ATTORNEY CAN OBTAIN ALL OF THE ABOVE FOR ME (#1-4 and possibly get whistleblowing info from doctors who are pissed at this organization too?) OR DO COMPANIES HAVE MORE RIGHTS AND CAN WITHHOLD INFO LEGALLY?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Lawyer may demand it. Often will be disclosed. If withheld can be obtained in litigation by subpoena. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.