Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
11068102

a coworker who happens to be a friend claims harassment at

Customer Question

a coworker who happens to be a friend claims harassment at work because I told her i had a "crush" on her. there has been many texts betweens us that implies that we became good friends over time outside of work. I have all the texts she sent me.i am female and so is she. she claims i'm harassing her when none of these things took place in the workplace. we have been nothing but professional at work. she is just uncomfortable with the fact that i am female when there is a male at work that is constantly making sexual jokes and is extremely inappropriate. she did not report him.need advice how to proceed since she has gone to human resource and no one has heard my side of the story.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 years ago.

JD 1992 : Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and and I look forward to assisting you today.
JD 1992 : I read your facts, is there a specific question I could assist you with?
Customer : what is that i need to do in the meantime to protect myself?
JD 1992 : The only thing that you can do would be to hire a lawyer and have everything run through them.
JD 1992 : It shouldn't cost much and will be likely to back them off since they won't want to take a chance on getting sued by you either so they'll take it slow.
JD 1992 : The lawyer can also make sure that they do everything correctly.
JD 1992 : If you want to discuss this real time wait in chat after your next post. I'm usually online but helping someone. I get a notice when you post and can pick up as soon as I finish with the customer I'm assisting.
Customer : thanks for your advice. i will look into speaking with a lawyer for sure. I don't think anyone at my job has an interest in hearing my part of the story. also it seems my manager has recently been approching me with all kinds of complaints from people i work with ( not related to harassment issue) but she won't tell me who these people are or any specifics. i'm afraid she is looking to fire me. she threatned me with a written warning before she has even told me specifics or allowed me to be heard. she seems to agree with all these complaints without my input. please help me. i feel i have done nothing wrong and feel like someone is out to subotage my professional standimg. I am a nurse and feel I do good work.