Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I have heard that workers comp can now include workplace is

I have heard that workers comp can now include workplace is that true in my case it has been happeninv for a year or more and work isno longer enjoyable and it has even added to me going out on disabilty

Thank you for your question, however, I believe that you might have left out a word or two from it. Therefore,I am unsure what you are asking. Did you mean to say "workplace harassment?" If not what was meant to come after the word "workplace?" What is your condition that you are suffering that placed you on disability? What is the alleged workplace harassment or event that you are tying in your condition?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
sorry here is the question correctly:

I have heard that workers comp can now include workplace harrasment is that true. in my case it has been happening for a year or more and work isno longer enjoyable and it has even added to me going out on disabilty

as far as my condition. I had a drug history and left work to get treatment. The problem is that I beieve somoone was hurt as a indirect result of my drug use who I work with or a family member of someone I work with . before i left fopr daibilty people at work kept saying police, murder, assault and we think its cocaine, which is what I was using,

So its kind of complicated but people at work keep outwardly mentioning these things and I have confirmed FBI ffollowing me around. Plsu i think they have placed police oofficers in my workplace pretending to be employees

but before all of this I was harrased at work before due to my backward personality all of this along with family abuse kepty me using drugs, as well as the addiction of course

Are they allowed to do this if there is an invesitagtion gouing on
Thank you for your reply. I am not going to be available to work on your question so I am going to open it up to another Expert. Someone will be with you as soon as they have an answer for you. I apologize for the delay.
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma. New expert here. are you asking if the best route to proceed with addressing the harassment is workers comp?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes
I would not suggest workers comp to address that problem. The equal employment commission and local counsel would be more effective.

The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. www.eeoc.gov is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it.

martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience: Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My other question is, if there is an invesigation going on at my work, are they allowed to mention these things out loud at work or would it still be considered harassment. In other word if I file a complaint and there is an ivestigation goung on, could it make things worse for me? example getting fired ect.
They have to be very careful what they spread around. They cannot disclose confidential information or violate privacy expectation or internal policy concerning confidentiality and privacy. Termination in a retaliatory manner would also be illegal where done in response to complaint of harassment. i trust that is clear. Kindly rate the answer, which I tried to expedite, as excellent.
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Some of the things they have mentioned pcychiactric ward outloud and also chnating things like youbetter have a lawyer and "life" referring to prison. i will take it they can do this if they are investigating things in order to see my reaction.

They also mention things like "oh poor Tom" and I am the only one named Tom in my group/team.
Would this be considered harrassment?

What types of things can they say and what types of things can't they say
The may not discriminate. Disclose private health information. Or violate internal policies as outlined in a handbook or manual.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
But I am taking it they ca say the other things listed above
They cannot say those things if false. It would be defamatory. They also cannot say them if violate their policy and rules. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer Excellent.
Infolawyer, Lawyer