Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I work with agency, submit timesheet with some mistakes ,,,

Customer Question

I work with agency, submit timesheet with some mistakes ,,, the company review with me ?
& want to contact the agency.. what will happen if they report it to police? Can I pay the money back? Is there will be legal actions?
Submitted: 1 year ago via EmployeeIssues.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

You indicate that the company reviewed the timesheets with you, and they did not find the mistakes? You did not intentionally misrepresent the time you worked?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They found the mistake & they review the camera that I admit one of them .. they said they need to contact HR so HR will contact my agency & see from there what will happen? If to contact police, pay back, or work this hours for free.. plus they agency didn't update my paperwork with I mean all contract and paperwork are expire, is that would create extra problems?
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
Hello again and thank you for the additional information.

I'm not sure what you mean by the paperwork and contract have expired. Please elaborate if you would like me to address that issue in some way.

With regard to falsifying the time records, if you did not intentionally misrepresent the time you worked, but only made a mistake, then prosecution is unlikely, but the employer will likely want to arrange for you to repay the wages you were overpaid.

If they have evidence that you were intentionally falsifying the records, they could contact the police and the prosecutor could pursue criminal charges against you, so you would need to retain a local criminal law attorney to represent you if that is the case.

In most such situations, the police are not involved but the employer will want the overpayment repaid by the employee.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I receive my paycheck from agency that mean if request pay back I'll pay for agency... In worse case scenario,, I'll have criminal record under my name,, its also have jail time? You the best recommend me to do because my brain stop working. Thank you for answering me & for your time.
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

Yes, worst case scenario is you could have a criminal record, but I would not expect any jail time, unless this is a repeat offense.

You are very welcome and I hope you are able to resolve this situation very soon.

Tina, Lawyer
Experience: JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10). It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.

Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-tina/. I look forward to hearing from you again.