Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide employment and discrimination law advice in my own practice.

I am in a SUIT to recover promised benefits from a state agency

I am in a SUIT to recover promised benefits from a state agency & my union, supposed to REPRESENT me, may not be. . . Seems its main interest is in monthly LABOR MANAGEMENT MEETINGS. The suit seems to be taking way too long.

What can be done?

Thank you for your question. Please allow me to assist you this afternoon.

How long has this been going on? I ask to get a better understanding. Also, what specifically are you trying to expedite?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Retirement benefits.
A year and a half
Susan,Some of these suits can last for years. It is not uncommon for the hearings and the concerns to be resolved 2-4 years after the initial issue was filed. I am not stating that your issue is not moving slowly, merely providing some potential perspective. I would suggest that if you do not trust the union and you feel that the process is going very slowly to retain personal counsel to best assist you with communicating your requirements to your employer. However while this does appear to be slow, it is not unreasonable or unheard of to take this long to get resolved. Hope that helps and please let me know what else I can clarify for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you very very much. Your answer is clear and to the point. My mind is much more at rest than when I contacted JUST ANSWERS.

Thanks again. Count me as VERY SATISFIED!
Susan,Glad to help! I am genuinely happy to hear that I was able to assuage your concerns and I wish you the best of luck going forward.If satisfied all I ask is that you also rate my answers so that I may obtain credit for my work. Thank you!