Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide employment and discrimination law advice in my own practice.

I was recently terminated from my job as an RN supervisor.

Customer Question

I was recently terminated from my job as an RN supervisor. They lied saying it was because the state was in due to a family complaint. My part was I did not document my findings on a supposed injury on said pt. There was no injury but they said it was because the state was in. Can I get unemployment?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a licensed Pennsylvania professional. Please permit me to assist you this afternoon.

Generally speaking under PA laws if you are terminated 'for cause', that is for clams of misconduct or for errors, then you are not eligible for unemployment benefits. If you file, the employer could contest and challenge your petition. You could still file and claim that their termination was without cause or merit, bring evidence to the state proving that their grounds were not accurate, and try to get the state to still grant you payments. But at least as far you have described this situation currently, if you apply you will most likely be initially denied on grounds that their termination of you was 'for cause'.

Hope that helps.