Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
19127644

OUR EMPLOYER DOES NOT HAVE US SIGN OUR TIMECARD AT THE END

Customer Question

OUR EMPLOYER DOES NOT HAVE US SIGN OUR TIMECARD AT THE END OF PAY PERIOD-WE SOMETIMES DONT HAVE THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF HOURS WE PUNCHED TIME CARD FOR
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the information. Can you please tell me what your specific legal question is?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
can the boss be fined for not keeping timecards in order,who does an audit on his practices concerning wage and hour laws
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I KEEP PUTTING IN MY E-MAIL ADDRESS --IS SAYS IT WAS USED BY ANOTHER MEMBER AND KEEPS KICKING ME OUT --I PAID THE 38 DOLLARS AND NOW I GET NO ANWSER
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
CAN THE BOSS BE AUDITED FOR KEEPING TIMECARDS THAT DONT MATCH OUR PAYCHECKS
Hello again,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, however, I was in a meeting. In any event, yes, if your employer is not paying you properly, then you can file a wage complaint with the Nevada Department of Business and Industry. Although there is no legal requirement that an employee sign their time card, an employer must pay them for all the hours that they actually work and must keep accurate time records. So, if that hasn't occurred, and the State finds that the employer has intentionally underpaid employees, then they will be fined. However, if there is no intentionally wrongdoing, but just sloppy records, the State will not fine the employer but will make them pay the correct amount owed the employees.

You can find the wage claim form by going to: http://www.laborcommissioner.com/
You can see it on the right side of the page.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to help you further if I can.