wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

I work in a senior home, I guess you can say i was a whisle

I work in a senior home, I guess you can say i was a whisle blower several times on one girl. she has given alcohol to minors during work. She was using narcotics at work. she smokes pot at work.Last but not least she tries to make life miserable for me with words and actions so that all my co-workers are aware. I documented in a official log book that we keep at the front desk a incident that happend the other night at work. I was sitting at the front desk talking to residents when she came in and walked by the dest and said the sound of my voice makes her sick. I wrote it in the log. The next day she had tore the page right out of the book. I am a supervisor and have reported over the years everything to my boss. She tells me to be the bigger person and walk away. I am just sick and tired of being harass and do not understand. I do not want to go to work any more. My manager is not doing her job. I cant sleep, i get nervous going to work. I feel sick. i sweat I shake. I have been at my job 9 yrs i really dp npt want to quit.

wallstreetfighter : Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification
wallstreetfighter : This is an unfortunate situation, do you feel your age, gender, race or any other protected civil rights is the reason for there treatment of you?
wallstreetfighter : Under the law,
wallstreetfighter : if an employer creates such a harsh and toxic workplace,
wallstreetfighter : that an employee feels they have no other option but to resign,
wallstreetfighter : the employee can sue the employer for a constructive discharge, and that is one option, but it is extreme, and
wallstreetfighter : before you do quit, you should send a detailed letter to the employer advising them of the issues at work, and that if you are forced to quit, you will have no other option but to file a constructive discharge lawsuit.
Customer: I am 51 and do not want to quit my job. I am paid pretty well and it would be a hardship for me to quit
wallstreetfighter : Unless you can claim the harassment you face is due to your age, race, gender, or other protected civil rights, the law does not protect you, what you should do is continue to report the employee and state that she has created a toxic work environment for you and the other employees,
wallstreetfighter : if the employer does not take action, you have to decide whether you can continue to work in such a place or quit.
wallstreetfighter : However, as of today, the law does not protect employees who face such toxic work environments, unless it is discrimination.
wallstreetfighter : wallstreetfighter says:12:37 AMUnless you can claim the harassment you face is due to your age, race, gender, or other protected civil rights, the law does not protect you, what you should do is continue to report the employee and state that she has created a toxic work environment for you and the other employees,12:38 AMif the employer does not take action, you have to decide whether you can continue to work in such a place or quit.12:39 AMHowever, as of today, the law does not protect employees who face such toxic work environments, unless it is discrimination.
Customer: I will take your advice and and write a detailed letter. How ever my manage has been advised of every thing over the years. you have to sign a paper when employed at my work that states it is a drug free work place.
Customer: What about he harassment? I fill very uncomfortable going to work. ?
wallstreetfighter says:
12:37 AM
Unless you can claim the harassment you face is due to your age, race, gender, or other protected civil rights, the law does not protect you, what you should do is continue to report the employee and state that she has created a toxic work environment for you and the other employees,
12:38 AM
if the employer does not take action, you have to decide whether you can continue to work in such a place or quit.
12:39 AM
However, as of today, the law does not protect employees who face such toxic work environments, unless it is discrimination.
This is difficult, but if you can take sick days or vacation at this point, that may be best, XXXXX XXXXX have time to send the letter to the employer threatening legal action for them creating such a harsh work environment