ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney

I was fired today because I would not fly to another office

I was fired today because I would not fly to another office but offered to drive because of my fear of flying. I have an no negative reviews and have save the company a lot if money throug lh the solutions I provided during my employment. At first I was told I could drive and then called me in and fired me.

ScottyMacEsq : Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.
ScottyMacEsq : I am sorry to hear about your situation, and the way that your employer treated you in this regard. Unfortunately, Texas is an "at will" employment state. At-will employment means that without a contract, you have no contractual or other right to employment with the company. The company is entitled to fire you for any reason: a good reason, a poor reason, or no reason at all--as long as the company does not fire you for an illegal reason (race, gender, age, religion, etc...). The only exception in Texas (aside from a written contract, employment policy giving you the right to "for cause" termination, or a union agreement to the contrary) would be if you were fired for refusing to do something illegal.
ScottyMacEsq : But your employer can terminate you for refusing to fly, even if you're afraid of flying. That almost certainly would not be a valid reason for unemployment insurance sake (in that you can still qualify for unemployment) but you would not have a cause of action against your employer, even though this decision was clearly immoral, unethical, and just bad business.
ScottyMacEsq : I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but it is the law. I hope that clears things up anyway. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck to you!