wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits

I know age discrimination is very hard to prove. If there

I know age discrimination is very hard to prove. If there is a significant salary differential, but training is identical, job is identical, the older person (age 60) has more seniority and more relevant experience, consistently excellent evaluations, and holds a higher rank on the career ladder than the two younger women (one is 52 and the other 44), but is paid several thousand dollars less, and this inequity is not being resolved after the third request, could that be considered age discrimination? We have a special "window" to request for equity adjustments each year. I understand Lily Ledbetter allows a longer statute of limitations because it restarts each paycheck.
Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification.

You are correct that age discrimination is difficult to prove, however in your situation, it seems a pattern of discrimination is possible, if you can show that other older employees face a wage differential as well.

Also, if you have made requests to the employer, consider filing an EEOC complaint, as that may force the employer to settle with you, and in most cases, you would not have to go to the litigation stage, as the EEOC will try to mediate the matter.