Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law

Hello, I resigned on Monday in writing with a full 2 weeks

Hello, I resigned on Monday in writing with a full 2 weeks notice. I was told yesterday, Wednesday 3pm, I was not to return, the company was letting me go. Does the employer have to pay my salary for the remainder of the two weeks?

Thank you for the information and your question. I will need to know what State you work in and whether you had a contract that stated both you and your employer had to give two weeks notice prior to terminating the relationship.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Policy states you must give proper 2weeks notice for Accrued PTO to be paid out.

No contract
Hello again and thank you for that additional information. PA, as you may know is an employment "at will" state. That means that either party can terminate the employment relationship with any, or no, notice or warning, unless there is a contract that states differently. That also means that if an employee gives notice, for example two weeks, an employer may accept it effective immediately. That means that no wages are due beyond the actual date worked. So, although it seems as though they terminated you, under the law they just accepted your resignation effective immediately.

That said, since you did give the two weeks notice, although they will only owe regular wages through the last day worked, according to the policy you shared, they will owe you a payout of your accrued unused PTO. That money should be paid to you by the payday following your last day of work.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you
You're welcome and best of luck to you.