TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I was fired from my job, my employer never gave me any pay

I was fired from my job, my employer never gave me any pay stubs. How can i get him to give me copies. Also how do i find out if he was taking out the right amount for my deductions?
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Your employer was required by law to provide you with a pay statement with each paycheck. The pay statement must itemize all deductions.

Accordingly, your employer is in violation of the law. If your employer deducted too much, then you basically have a wage claim. You should contact the Department of Labor to explain the problem and seek their assistance in getting pay statements so that you can determine if you were correctly paid. You can reach the Department of Labor here: CLICK HERE.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for using our service!

If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, then please type "To VAMD" in the subject line of your question.