TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed to Practice Law
9373668

my how was broken into while I was at work today. What should

my how was broken into while I was at work today. What should I do?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Can you please clarify your question? Do you mean that you house was broken into? Have you contacted the police?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not yet, I live out in the country, should I go ahead and do this? I just got home about 30 min. ago now

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again.

Yes, if your house was broken into, then I would contact the police immediately. I would also stay out of the house so that you do not unwittingly tamper with possible evidence that could lead to the identification of the culprit. It is also a good idea to leave the house until the police arrive if you are not certain that the thief has left the house. Once the police arrive and secure the house, you may wish to walk through it room by room with the police so that you can give details about anything that is missing.

After the police report is filed, you can get a copy and file a claim with your homeowner's insurance if anything of value was stolen.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you for using our service!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No one is here I've check the rooms. They took a lab top and some dvd movies I had. They could of gotten my SS# XXXXX They left the sliding glass door open and they went out of my side door they left it unlock as well.

How do I get the phone number I need to call, just dial o for the operator?

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again.

I would call 911 first. If your area does not have 911, then I would call information at 411. If you don't have that service, then I would call 0 to see if you can get an operator.

With regard to your Social Security Number, if you think that it may have been taken, then I would contact the 3 credit bureaus and ask them to put a temporary freeze on your credit. This will prevent somebody from opening a credit account (such as a credit card) in your name. You can contact the credit bureaus here:

Equifax 1-800-685-1111
TransUnion 1-800-888-4213
Experian 1-888-397-3742
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience: Licensed to Practice Law