Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law

I worked for a Heath system for 20 years had a argument with

I worked for a Heath system for 20 years had a argument with the manager he later said he was sorry I told Hr that he was going to get me back 3 weeks later I was told my job was going to change and they cut me 15% I told several managers and our Hr office no one would help me now he wanted me to s/u patients in the office with Cpap and bipap I told him I was not comfortable he said o well Hr told me took look for another job he put me in a place that I was scared to go to work not knowing what he was going to do I just think he is a bully and I'm not the one that thinks this

Thank you for the information and your question. Can you tell me how you are no longer employed with the company? Did you quit and if so, specifically why? Are you saying that your boss only bullied you? If so, can you identify what might have made you different in his eyes versus other employees? Did HR say why your job was changing and your wages cut?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They forced me to quit they told me look for anther job in the system and there was nothing there he only bullied me when he couldn't get the job done by anyone else he would try to force me to do it I am a man and the rest are women employes some of them that babysits theirs kids for him
Hello again and thank you for your reply. The only question I don't see that you responded to is the one about what HR said about why your job was changing and wages cut. But in any event, your question was whether or not it would be worth seeing an attorney about this. Normally, workplace bullying and unreasonable expectations is not considered unlawful even though it may clearly be unprofessional and poor management. However, if adverse employment actions are taken either in violation of company policies or because an employee is a member of a protected class, then there may be a legal issue.

In this case, if you believe all of these negative actions were motivated by your gender, then yes, you should sit down with a local employment law attorney and discuss the details of the case. However, if you don't think gender was the reason for your treatment and reduction in wages, etc., then there would not be a legal issue to discuss. In that case, as I indicated above, it would clearly be unprofessional, just not illegal.

If you do think gender was the motivating factor, then you will want to speak to an attorney sooner rather than latter as there are some very short timelines for filing discrimination complaints with the State and/or the EEOC, which are necessary before you file suit.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.