Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
19127644

I have worked for an employer since 9 July 2012, I have not

I have worked for an employer since 9 July 2012, I have not been paid since 20 Oct 2012. What can I do?

Are you saying that you have continued to work for an employer who hasn't paid you at all? Are you a W-2 employee? What have you tried to do to resolve the issue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I continued to work with the promise that the pay would come eventually. I am leaving because I can not continue to work for no pay.

Thank you for your reply. However, you didn't answer two of my questions. I need to know if you are a W-2 employee and also specifically what you have done to try to resolve the issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am a W-2 employee. I have asked for my pay, the answer is that there are no funds but when a contract come in there will be. No contracts.

Alright, well you have two options. One is to a wage claim with the State. You can find out how to do that at: http://labor.hawaii.gov/wsd/filing-a-complaint-with-wage-standards-division/
The other option is to file suit. I would recommend that you try to file a wage claim first, since that will not involve a court or litigation.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.