Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

Can I draw unemployment benefits if I draw SS age 70 employer

Can I draw unemployment benefits if I draw SS age 70 employer is firing people at every level need to know eligibility for unemployment benefits
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Unemployment benefits are not counted by SS towards your annual earnings limit. Indiana is a state that no longer has an offset for those receiving SS from retirement from a non-base period employer and applying for unemployment because they have lost their supplemental employment. Thus, if you were collecting SS and working for this employer and are now getting laid off you can apply for and collect unemployment in Indiana without an offset.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”