TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination

i made a misdemeanor(larceny) on 1/11/2008. in April 2013 i

i made a misdemeanor(larceny) on 1/11/2008. in April 2013 i apply for a job in citizens bank mass. they extend to me a job offer i accepted. the next step was a finger prints and a background check of part of the pre-employment screen. after 3 weeks the call me and ask me for a court record or a document about the incident that took place on 1/11/2008. I DID HAVE criminal record i did fax it to them. after several hours the call me back and denied my application saying that in base of review of the document that i provided they will not proceed with hiring.

I really don't know what to do that was more then 5 years. what i should do?

Thank you for your question.

Were you convicted for this misdemeanor charge?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i guess i was on probation for 6 month after that and i pay all my fines and fees.

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, these type of criminal convictions can serve as a basis to deny you a job. The only thing you can do to prevent further disclosure of this type of information to your potential future employers is to get your criminal records sealed.

In order to do this, you will need to hire a local criminal law attorney to handle this proceeding for you. Generally, this is a relatively inexpensive legal proceeding cost less than a few thousand dollars.

Unless you have the record sealed, you will not be able to prevent future potential employers from learning about it and using it as a basis on which to deny you a job.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

but after jan 2008 incident i was hired by verizon wireless and by sovereign bank. sovereign bank ask me about it and i provided the court criminal records. they hired me why?

There's nothing in the law which says that an employer cannot hire you because you have a criminal background. Some employers may not care that you have this criminal background, while others do. Its entirely up to the employer as to whether or not they feel that this is a reason not to hire you.