TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination

Was out on fmla from teaching job. Went up to the school during

Was out on fmla from teaching job. Went up to the school during my off and found that my personal teaching items from my room were thrown in a closet. I called and asked if I had been fired and was told that another teacher who is not certified yet was going to finish the year for the student's benefit. I would be paid same but would be a floater. Just in case, after returning, I had Dr. appts or meds to get used to. Now, I am being told, after being lectured on my absences, that due to write-ups, my contract will not be renewed. This, after four years of bullying by the higher-ups after blowing the whistle on them over an employee who continuously lost track of children.

Thank you for your question.

This sounds like a case of retaliation for taking your FMLA leave.

What you need to do is file a complaint with the US Department of Labor Wage and Hour division. You may contact them at: 1-866-4-US-WAGE (1-866-487-9243)
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST

Tell them you would like to file a complaint for retaliation under the FMLA and ask for them to provide you guidance in doing so.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,