TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination

Chicago Illinois fall at work workmans comp case two operations

Chicago Illinois fall at work workmans comp case two operations back at work my lawyer will not return any phone calls

Thank you for your question.

Your lawyer can be disbarred or at the very least reprimanded for this kind of behavior. Are you aware of whether your claim is over or whether there are any further benefits due for you claim?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

re ceived workmans comp checks for weeks off work during two surgeries Healing is complete and lawyer will not answer phone calls back to work for 2 months 13,000 was mentioned for badly fractured wrist. Being billed thousands to my blue cross and their talking about dropping me

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you take the following two measures:

1. Send a certified letter to your attorney demanding that he immediately contact you and update you on your case.

2. File a grievance complaint with the State of Illinois by requesting an investigation as directed on the following website:

Both of these actions should spur your attorney into action and get him to answer your phone calls and your questions on the status of your case, or he will face the possibility of losing his license to practice law.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello Thanks for answers one last question is there any way to help insure that she accepts the letter thank you

The best way I have found to do that is to send it by federal express with delivery confirmation.