TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination

A prospective employee applies for Business Manager/Payroll

A prospective employee applies for Business Manager/Payroll position at local high school, in response to a detailed job posting. 15 people apply, he has two interviews and is recommended by the job committee appointed by the school bd, who is made up of a school bd. member, the superintendent of schools, a principal, former bm/p person and HR person. They recommend prospective ee, school bd rejects their choice, reinterview people again and now add a skills test to be developed by a school bd member and wants the 1st bd member replaced although initially the school bd member didn't want to be an hiring committee b/c of conflict that other prospective employees worked with him. Are changing the rules and procedures pre-hiring actionable? Minnesota small town.

Thank you for your question.

Until the hiring actually takes place and is approved, the school board may change the procedures and qualification requirements as it sees fit. \

Certainly it sounds that there are some politics involved here, but if the board has final say on the hiring under the charter, then this is not challengable on its face.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,