Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

After resignation, 6 months post, need to go back to former

After resignation, 6 months post, need to go back to former employer and sign off on personnel file. Contractually, I have the right to have disciplinary reports removed and can respond to any of these. What contract holds precedent, the contract year that the reports were written, or the existing contract?
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Could you explain a little more?

What are the terms of the contract for the year the reports were written in relation to your question?

What are the terms of the existing contract in relation to your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Reports can be taken out after 3 years , and a attached response can be written. Not sure about existing contract as I am no longer employed there.

Thank you for the information:

Your Question
: After resignation, 6 months post, need to go back to former employer and sign off on personnel file. Contractually, I have the right to have disciplinary reports removed and can respond to any of these. What contract holds precedent, the contract year that the reports were written, or the existing contract?

Response: The contract year that the reports were written controls. You cannot be held to a new and existing contract when you are no longer there—when you are not a party to the contract.