wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

I was fired as the executive director of a community mental

I was fired as the executive director of a community mental health center in December. Last week, two former employees who recently left the agency contacted me because the check that they received for overpayment towards their health savings plan still had my signature on it. Is there any legal recourse I can take since they are still using my signature?

wallstreetfighter :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification

wallstreetfighter :

This is a common situation, when you were hired the employer may have had you sign an authorization allowing them to use your signature to write checks,

wallstreetfighter :

if they did not, and do not have the authority to sign your name, you would have legal action against the employer,

wallstreetfighter :

however the damages you can claim will be limited, as you have to show some financial loss you faced due to their use of your signature.

wallstreetfighter :

You should send a letter to the employer advising them that you know if their use of your signature, and that you may consider legal options if they continue to use your signature without your permission.