wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits

My soon to be daughter in law who works at the hair salon where

My soon to be daughter in law who works at the hair salon where I patron has been saying horrible lies and I am no longer welcome to go to the salon I have been going to. This woman has told intimate family information and shared at her workplace. What can I do.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  wallstreetfighter replied 1 year ago.

wallstreetfighter :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification

wallstreetfighter :

This is an unfortunate situation, what she is doing is defaming you, if the statements she made about you are false, if you feel you have been injured due to these false remarks, you can sue her for defamation in Civil Court. Another option is to hire an attorney to send her a threatening letter,

wallstreetfighter :

stating that if she does not stop her defamatory actions, you will bring a lawsuit against her for damages.

Customer:

She will not stop with her remarks. I was so embarassed that I was told I could no longer go to the salon I get my hair done (by a different stylist). I am not exactly sure of exact wording other than I am no longer allowed to go there because of things she has said about me.

Customer:

The remarks that she made, some were family secrets and some about my mental well-being.

wallstreetfighter :

If that is the case, and you have witnesses and evidence of her statements, you can sue her in Civil Court or even by yourself in Small Claims court for the damages you faced.

Customer:

I am very ill and do not have the energy to try to take this on on my own. Any suggestions?

wallstreetfighter :

You can hire an attorney to start a lawsuit or at the minimum send her a Cease and Desist letter threatening legal action, I would also advise your son, about the issue, and he may be able to settle the issue.

wallstreetfighter :

She would stop if a letter from an attorney is sent threatening legal action.

Customer:

He is getting married to this woman and no one in this family is for it. No one on his side of the family is attending the wedding. He will be no help.

Customer:

How can I get a letter sent to her to stop?

wallstreetfighter :

Then a lawsuit is best, XXXXX XXXXX contact the local bar association, and hire an attorney to send a letter and start legal action.

Customer:

Do you have any suggestions for an attorney in Johnson County Kansas?

wallstreetfighter :

The link above has a list of very good attorneys who can handle such a matter for you.

wallstreetfighter :

Good luck, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

wallstreetfighter :

If satisfied please provide us with positive feedback.

Customer:

thank you. I will contact a local attorney.

wallstreetfighter :

wallstreetfighter :

Make sure you ask them to send a Cease and Desist letter first, and see if that stops her,

wallstreetfighter :

if not then proceed with a Lawsuit.

wallstreetfighter :

If satisfied please provide us with positive feedack.

wallstreetfighter :

feedback, thank you/

wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience: 14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.