TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

I am going to hire independent clean lady once or twice of

I am going to hire independent clean lady once or twice of a week. In order to prevent liabirity for injury, what should I do?
Should I ask her to sign I am not responsible for any kind of injury?
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

You would only be liable for an injury if you were somehow negligent. For example, if the maid tripped and fell because of her own carelessness, then you would not be liable. However, if the maid tripped and fell because of a loose floorboard, then you may be liable. You could ask her to sign something which disclaims any liability for your negligence. She may or may not agree to sign something like that. If you have homeowner's insurance, then your insurance policy would likely cover any liability you would have, so perhaps having the maid sign a disclaimer is unnecessary. You should also keep in mind that you cannot disclaim gross negligence ... only simple negligence. An example of gross negligence would be if you knew you about a loose floorboard that could cause injury, and you failed to fix it.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you for using our service!