TexLaw
TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination
17219180

i live in michigan i drove truck for a michigan trucking company

i live in michigan i drove truck for a michigan trucking company and give my two weeks notice and went on with my new job . i had a weeks vacation on my check stub it shows up january 1 st every year and four week s before that i told them to drop my medical inshurance wich was 102.00 dollars a week sense i got on my wifes inshurance. so wen i got my last check none of this was on there so i called him and he said for the inshurance he has to pay a mouth a head is this true ???? . and for the vacation time he said they took me off the system so they have no record for my pay . he done this to me wen i worked for him before . i dont know ho to call in michigan .....
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  TexLaw replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Are you currently living in the same city as the trucking company?

How much do you figure that he owes you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no i dont live in the same city 1000.00

Expert:  TexLaw replied 1 year ago.
Since the payments that he owes you is for benefits and not straight wages, you will have to handle the claim in the civil courts and cannot file it with the Department of Labor.

Because the amount owed is $1,000.00, your best and most economical way of handling this claim would be to file the claim in small claims court. However, you would need to file it in the city where the trucking company is located.

Filing a small claims case is pretty easy, and you don't need a lawyer.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated for my work by the website. Rating does not cause an additional charge and will not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
ZDN
TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience: Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination