TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination

in the state of n.c. can a employer force you to stay on the

in the state of n.c. can a employer force you to stay on the premises during your 1/2 hr lunch break and 2 rest peiods

Thank you for your question.

The law in North Carolina is designed to be heavily in the employer's favor on almost all employment issues. On this issue, the employer is allowed by the law to require that the employee stay at the work place during the employee's breaks and rest periods.

Please let me know if you have further question. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating does not cause an additional charge and will not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is no pay as per state law for lunch can it still be done?

However, the break must be at least 30 minutes or longer in order for the employer to legally not pay you during the break.