JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Assisting employees and employers for over 14 years.

az employer pays partime workers twice monthy, ie the 1st to

az employer pays partime workers twice monthy, ie the 1st to 15th of month would be paid on 15th of next month and so on. Company is union and in cba it states workers to be paid twice. employees are compaining it takes to long to wait for payment. This is in az and has payroll set-up that way do to slow payment by cliants, some take 45 days to pay. Low profit on each job leads to this. What is my best plan to cope with this issue.
Welcome and thank you for your question!

From what you have described, the employer is following the contract, correct?

When is the current CBA scheduled to expire?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes employer follows cba. We have had one for7 years and current one expires in a couple years. The problem is az law states employee should be paid sooner than they do. Does my cba override state law?
The language that is in your written CBA is very important. What does the CBA paragraph state about conflict with laws? It's probably towards the end of the agreement, if you can find it. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just talked to business Agent and he says cba only says pay workers twice a month. CBA states nothing about az laws. We have a call into union leadership to ask this question . I have two workers that arnt happy and BA and myself think I am following rules in CBA . Workers have choice to work my shows or not, they work them then complain but they know my pay periods. Pay periods have been the same for 7 years.
Thank you. How long would it take for you to get your hands on an actual copy of the contract/CBA?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have one somewhere in my office at home. At Easter party at moms house. Happy Easter to you! It could be a few hours before I get home, are we on a time limit?
We are not on a time limit. Happy Easter to you as well. Have an extra dessert for me!

You can reply back when you get home and can look at the actual document, if you wish.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks I will be in touch with you later today
Great, I look forward to it.

~~ J.B.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did you get the section on pay period?

Thank you. What does the agreement say about conflict of law?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it doesnt! it only states what you see

Thank you. State law says the employees are to be paid twice a month and that's what you're paying them.

State law also says that "G. Subsection B shall not apply to employees whose salaries are subject to provisions of collective bargaining agreements."

From the facts you've described, I do not see a violation.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

~~ J.B.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thats what I also think! I will follow up with union supervisers tomorrow. They are asking same question to our Division Director.

Thank You JB Umphry

You are most welcome. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

~~ J.B.