LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.

i live in florida i have worked for perkins restaurant and

i live in florida i have worked for perkins restaurant and bakery for 11 years, i was fired from my job today because i asked for my hours back and complained to the area manager that we didnt have enough supplies to take care of our guest, there are other issues but i was fired on the phone today do i have any recourse

Hello David,
My name isXXXXX a licensed attorney. Glad to try and help out.
Sure sorry for the circumstances, truly. My heart goes out to you.
Accordingly, it brings me no pleasure to share the following information with you. I will speak candidly rather than doing you the disservice of lying or misleading you. I didn't enact the law, and personally I often disagree with it, but nevertheless we're all stuck with it. I just won't do you the disservice of lying or misleading you.
So, here's the truth. Florida is one of the absolute worse state jurisdictions in this regard. On account of an incredibly harsh legal doctrine called employment-at-will, unless you had a written employment contract or a union collective bargaining agreement, your employer was entirely free to fire you at any time, for any lawful (non-discriminatory) reason, without any prior notice.
I would love to say otherwise, but that would be a lie.
I am sorry.
If you have a follow-up question or need clarification, please just say the word by using "reply" to reach me.
I truly hope all works out for you.
Take care,
Ben, J.D.

Hello David,

I enjoyed working with you recently.

How are things going?

Is there anything else I can do to help?

Please just let me know.

Ben, J.D.