TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination

In NC, workplace bullying, limitations in filing a complai

In NC, workplace bullying, limitations in filing a complaint

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Can you tell me more so I can ascertain exactly what kind of information you need?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Last April I quit my job because I couldn't handle the harrassment & bullying( that also included physical hostility) that started in 2011 after returning from a leave of absence. I had back surgery due to a ruptured disk returning after only an 8 wk absence. Upon my return I needed the Company's group health insurance for myself and for my husband. That's when things really changed for me there. Prior to that, I was covered on his insurance, but he retired. This was only a parttime job that I LOVED. I am credentialed in my field (health care field) with 15 years experience. Would like to add that I have a Auto-Immune Liver disease that requires biopsy approx every 5 yrs. So I am not in bad health I just have to take extra care of myself and I am not getting any younger-57yrs. But I was not ready to quit. This Hospital, I feel, has made my age group with health issues a target and has either laid off (in every sense of the word) or pushed them out the door. How can this be legal ? I just can't seem to shake my sadness. Thanking you in advance for your advice : )

Thank you for your reply.

The facts you are describing fall under a class of employment discrimination claims for a hostile work environment. You need to file a claim with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission for age discrimination under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. You would claim that as a result of the age discrimination which produced a hostile work environment, you were forced to quite your job and have suffered damages.

You file a claim like this by contacting the local EEOC office and scheduling an appointment to come in and file the claim.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please also consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your answer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. XXXXX think I sent in a question in 2011 about harrassment due to this situation. I should have added that I am still a Parttime Instructor at a local college in the Cardiac field. Thank you again for your advice.

You are welcome, best of luck with your claim