TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination

I am on my partners health insurance plane, and lost my job(I

I am on my partners health insurance plane, and lost my job(I was on both before) , do I have to sign up for cobra? if I do not continue, are there and negative consequences down the road?
Whether or not you have to sign up for COBRA is entirely up to you. Is there a reason that you need to continue the coverage you were receiving from your personal insurance policy? Does it offer something that your partner's insurance does not?

If you choose to not do COBRA, then you will remain covered by the other policy and do not face issues of non-coverage during your unemployment.

Please let me know if you have further questions or want to discuss this further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX to stay with existing as I lost my job. But since it is expensive, and I can get coverage from my partners insurance it will be better for me not to continue. I was just worried, that if I decline cobra and find another job say in one year form now and I want to get new health insurance that they may decline since I did not continue coverage?

That should not be a problem because you are still covered under your partners insurance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank You very much. Best Mariano

I'm glad to be of assistance. Please remember to rate my answer positively so that I am compensated for my work on your question by the website.

Good Luck with the job search,