TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination

My employer was told about a payroll error that means I am

My employer was told about a payroll error that means I am owed over 5K in back pay. It has been almot a month since notification. Is there any regulations that stipulates how quckly i must be reimbursed? Are there fines involved?

The law requires that your employer make timely payment on the same time frame as they have agreed to regularly pay you. So, if you get paid every two weeks, the payment should have been made on the next pay check.

You have the right then to file a claim for unpaid wages with the NY Department of Labor. There are potential penalties that can be assessed in the amount of $50 per day that the wages have been unpaid, up to $2500.

The unpaid wage claim form is found at:

Please let me know if you need any further information and please remember to rate my answer positively so that I am paid by the website for my work on your question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you! Just the info i needed and quickly!

Your welcome!