JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Assisting employees and employers for over 14 years.

does constant harassment of a senior involving - the following

does constant harassment of a senior involving - the following by their peers--second guessing -interfering with their work -reporting even trivial "snitching to their boss-reversing their decisions and generally creating a hostile environment leading to depression, despair and decline of health of the victim
Welcome and thank you for your question!

I am sorry to learn of the facts that you've described. Are you suggesting that the employee is being harassed BECAUSE of their age? How old is this person and how old are the employee's peers?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not entirely but the victim is 63 and the tormentors are in their middle 20s

Thank you. And what's their motivation for such treatment? Or, is it cruel immaturity and weak management?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the venue for this is a middle school-the victim is a school nurse age 62 and the perpetrators teachers of disabled children who are highly educated but crude -of them has stated -i hate this f-------job very professional!

Thank you. What happens when the employee reports this treatment to management?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she hasnt done it--i believe this deal more with creating a hostile environment and interferes with the victims work performance--altough differences ar suspiciou

Thank you. I wish to point out a very important element for you.

What is a "hostile" work environment in the eyes of the law is very limited. In the eyes of the law, it is only an illegal hostile work environment if a person is being harassed because of their age (over 40), disability, genetic information, national origin, pregnancy, race/color, religion, or gender.

It is not illegal to be a bully or a jerk. It's unprofessional but it's not illegal.

I hope this helps to clarify things on the legal definition of what's an illegal hostile work environment.

The target of this conduct has to deal with HR in attempting to redress/end it. It's for the employer to manage it internally. I do not mean to suggest that the conduct is acceptable in the workplace. I only mean to point out that there is not a law against it. Instead, it's for the employer to manage it's own affairs.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

~~ J.B.