TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination

My friend has recently quit his job. He was in upper management

My friend has recently quit his job. He was in upper management and has a known history of work related stress and depression issues that have been going on for the past 3-4 years. After quitting his job he received a letter stating that he is not to be seen on any property of theirs, which is a medical facility, or he will be aressted for trespassing. Is this normal for companies to do when people quit? And what if his doctor was there, as all medical facilities like for them to use their own doctors. I could understand this if they fired him but he quit. Is there any course of action that can be taken?

Thank you for your question.

This is often an action which employers take when an employee terminates his/her employment with the employer. If your friend indeed did have a doctor who cared for him at the facility and the doctor required a visit, then your friend would not be trespassing as he would have been invited onto the property for the purpose of obtaining medical care.

There is no recourse that your friend can take in this situation, but if he does have a doctor's appointment, he can still go to the facility.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also remember to rate my answer positively as I do not receive any compensation for my work on your question until you do.