TexLaw
TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination
17219180

The company I work for was recently merged with a much larger

The company I work for was recently merged with a much larger company. Recently I received a new employment package which outlined the new benefits, salary, etc. I was required to sign a novation agreement after a period of review. I have since decided that it is NOT be in my best interest to stay with the new company. The effective date of the novation will be 31 December 2012. Is it possible to retract the novation before the effective date? Therefore maintaining the contractural agreements of my previous company.

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, once the novation was signed, it becomes binding, even though it is not effective until December 31, 2012. Thus, any sort of cancellation will have to be by the terms of the agreement.